We are recruiting a team of positive, committed and charismatic First Generation student leaders for the First Generation First Quarter Challenge (FGFQ) program, which provides mentorship and support for incoming first generation Social Sciences freshmen and transfer students in order to facilitate their successful transition to university. We encourage applicants from underrepresented communities and graduates of previous FGFQ cohorts to apply.
Apply Here! Applications are due Thursday, March 1st at 5:00 pm
- Receive hourly wage
- Training in Public Speaking and Mentorship
- 8-10 hours weekly commitment in Fall
- Provide weekly workshops, one-on-one mentorship, events
- Limited working hours in Winter and Spring
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Entering into 3rd, 4th, or 5th Year
- Open to Social Sciences Majors Only
- Leaders must be "first in the family" to attend university
- Demonstrate knowledge of campus resources
- Record of positive campus engagement at UCI
All applicants should complete the application and attach their CV and a one page statement describing 1)Why they wish to work as an FGFQ student leader and 2)the personal qualities as well as academic preparation and/or volunteer/paid work experience that make them a strong candidate for the position.